AGU Fall Meeting 2018
The AGU Fall Meeting 2018 will mark another dynamic year of discovery in Earth and space science, serve as the advent of AGU’s Centennial year, and provide a special opportunity to share our science with world leaders in Washington, D.C. As the largest Earth and space science gathering in the world, the AGU Fall Meeting places you in the center of a global community of scientists drawn from myriad fields of study whose work protects the health and welfare of people worldwide, spurs innovation, and informs decisions that are critical to the sustainability of the Earth.
You will connect with leading thinkers, learn about pioneering research and emerging trends, and use your voice to help drive science’s positive impact on the world.
This year the AGU Fall Meeting brings you to Washington, D.C., an international center of science and policy. You can highlight the wonder, value and immediacy of Earth and space science research and show that science is strong, global and essential. Connect with the D.C. area’s many scientific institutions and witness the ways that your colleagues are helping to inform solutions to the challenges faced by this region. Recharge by exploring the city’s bustling restaurant and music scene and enjoy the beauty and richness of its national monuments and museums.
View a list of AGU sessions led by EESM Investigators and Participants.
EESM Town Halls
- TH23K: Using Observationally Based Metrics to Evaluate and Improve Earth System Model Precipitation – Dec. 11, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Marriott Marquis - Independence F-H
- TH23H: Process Understanding and Climate Extremes Analysis for CMIP6 – Dec. 11, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Marriott Marquis - Liberty L
- TH45B: DOE’s Climate and Environmental Sciences Division Strategic Plan – Dec. 13, 6:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- TH53C: DOE’s Energy Exascale Earth System Model (E3SM): Release, Plans, and Community Engagement – Dec. 14, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Marriott Marquis - Marquis 12-13
- TH53A: CICE-Consortium Town Hall: Sea Ice Model Development for and by the Community – Dec. 14, 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Marriott Marquis - Independence E