One of the more difficult changes faced by RGMA scientists over the past year and a half is the shift to virtual conferences and the challenge of sharing their science.
While being online can take away the in-person aspect and the energy of thousands of attendees in a convention center, eliminating travel costs opens the door to greater engagement and participation for more scientists.
Organizers of the December 2021 American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting are finding creative and technological solutions to replicate the camaraderie of in-person meetings. This year, the AGU Fall Meeting will be “hybrid,” with meetings in person in New Orleans and online.
At distribution time, more than 75 RGMA-connected oral presentations, invited talks, and poster sessions have been shared to help connect the scientific community with the important work happening within RGMA. We expect that number to rise as more of your colleagues upload their presentation information. Thank you for sharing your abstracts!
A complete list of EESM sessions can be found on our AGU page. It is a convenient and way to help plan your time during the conference.
There are also town halls online before AGU begins and during the meeting. The following town halls may be of interest to the RGMA community:
- TH031 (December 7, 11:15 a.m. CT, Online): IARPC Townhall on Arctic System Modeling Capabilities
- TH033 (December 7, 6:15 p.m. CT, Online): Interagency Town Hall on Precipitation Processes and Predictability
- TH026 (December 8, 11:15 a.m. CT, Online): DOE’s Earth and Environmental System Modeling: Opportunities in Coastal Systems, Urban Resilience, and Extreme Events
- TH016 (December 8, 6:15 p.m. CT, Online): Integrated Research in Mountainous Hydroclimate at the U.S. Department of Energy
- TH002 (December 9, 11:15 a.m. CT, Online): Building a More Diverse Scientific Community: Research Opportunities in DOE’s Office of Biological and Environmental Research
- TH032 (December 9, 11:15 a.m. CT, Online): DOE’s Integrative Artificial Intelligence Framework for Earth System Predictability: AI4ESP
If you haven’t yet shared your presentation, please go to the 2021 AGU Fall Meeting Abstract Lookup page. Use the search function to find your presentation, and the form will pull your session information from AGU. The only thing you need to add is your funding program and project information.